- CBE Home
- About Us
- BA Business
- Program Structure
- Professional MBA
- Full time MBA
- Comparing PMBA & FTMBA
- Teaching, Learning & Evaluation Methods
- Course Description
- Master of Science in Strategic Management
- Master of Science in Economics
- Faculty & Staff Profiles
- Paul Avedisian Center for Business Research and Development (CBRD)
- Documents & Forms
- Contact us
Master of Science in Economics
The College of Business and Economics (CBE) offers a Master of Science in Economics (MSE) to prepare graduates for careers and advanced study in economics, applied research and public policy.
The MS in Economics is an academically rigorous program with strong quantitative and applied research components, targeting students who have work experience and professional aspirations in the fields of economics, finance and forecasting. The program emphasizes extensive training in mathematical and statistical methods, including significant exposure to econometrics and forecasting, and working with data sets and statistical software. This gives students the applied skills necessary to succeed at the workplace or further pursue advanced doctoral level degrees.
The curriculum aims to:
- Equip students with theoretical knowledge, quantitative skills, and applied analytical abilities to investigate and solve economic problems
- Prepare students for careers and advanced studies in a wide range of fields in economics and finance
AUA aims to prepare not only well-grounded specialists but also well-rounded individuals, able to think critically and creatively, to learn independently, to understand different thought processes, to work collaboratively, and to communicate effectively with people from different cultures and disciplines.
Career options for graduates of this program include government employment, public and private banking or financial institutions, insurance, consulting, corporate strategic planning, real estate, environmental, urban and regional planning, and quantitative analysis.