Vardan Baghdasaryan is Assistant Professor and a Program Chair for MSSM. He has been teaching various economic-related courses to BAB, MBAA and MSSM cohorts since 2014. Dr. Baghdasaryan has been a Senior Consultant at the AVAG Solutions, Ltd, providing consulting to various international donor agencies. For detailed information, please refer to www.vardanbaghdasaryan.com
- Graduate School in the Economics and Finance of Public Administration (DEFAP) Catholic University of Milan, Italy, 2009 – 2014
- PhD in Economics (Aspirantura) Russian-Armenian (Slavonic) University, Yerevan, Armenia, 2004 – 2007
- Diploma of Manager-Economist (with honorary distinction), Yerevan State Institute of Economy, Department of Management Yerevan, Armenia, 1999 – 2004
- ACCA affiliate (all exams passed) Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), UK, 2004-2010
Courses Taught: ECON 221 – Intermediate Microeconomics
1. Baghdasarayan V., Iannantuoni G. and Maggian V., “Electoral Fraud and Voter Turnout: Experimental Study”
Working paper available at: http://papers.ssrn.com/
2. Baghdasaryan V., Manzoni E., “Set them (almost) free. Discretion in Electoral Campaigns”
Working paper available at: https://papers.ssrn.com/
3. Khachatryan K., Baghdasaryan V., Hartarska V., “Role of Deposits in MFI performance in Central Asia and Eastern Europe”
Antinyan A., Baghdasaryan V., Grigoryan A., “Relative position and social capital in South Caucasus“
Theofanis Varvoglis has a doctorate in Marketing from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Virginia. He received his MBA from Adelphi University, New York and a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from the University of Macedonia, Greece. He has been a professor at San Diego State University, and also taught at the University of Aegean and the University of Macedonia. His research findings have been presented in the United States at conferences of the American Marketing Association and the Academy of Marketing Science and has appeared on television in the United States and Greece on topics related to his specialty. He has written articles in the area of consumer behavior, marketing strategy and non-profit marketing. He has also participated and ran transnational European projects on education. He is also, a certified international mediator specialized in commercial dispute resolution. He had his own consulting firm and also worked as in independent consultant. He was Dean of the Anatolia School of Business at the American College of Thessaloniki, Greece and served on the Board of the State Museum of Contemporary Art. He has been a trustee of Anatolia College for 12 years and President of its Alumni Association and of the Greek Institute of Marketing as well as member of the executive board of the Greek Management Association. His research and teaching interests include entrepreneurship, managerial decision making and consumer behavior. He currently is Professor of Marketing at the American University of Armenia.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Virginia Tech, 1987
- Master of Business Administration, Adelphi University, 1982
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Graduate Industrial School of Economics, 1979.
- BUS 275-Market Research
- BUS 369-Special Topics in Marketing, Price Competition
- BUS 160-Principles of Marketing
- BUS 262-Consumer Behavior
- MGMT 361-Marketing Management
Phone: 060 61 25 69
Office location: 237W (PAB)
Office hours: By appointment only via email
Agassy Manoukian is an Associate Professor who has joined the MSCBE team in Fall 2013. He currently teaches Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Management of Information Systems, Project Management and Entrepreneurship courses. He has also been involved with California State University, Northridge and California Lutheran University as Visiting Professor. He holds PhD in Manufacturing and Technology Management (University of Toledo, OH, USA), Master of Business Administration in Finance and International Business (University of Toledo, OH, USA), Master of Science in Industrial Engineering (American University of Armenia, Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (State Polytechnic University of Armenia) degrees. Dr. Manoukian has wide research interests, including operations management, entrepreneurship, partnership synergy technology commercialization, and clean-tech/renewable energy. He has a vast practical prior experience as president and CEO of a hydrogen fuel cell company, which he led for decade since its establishment. Also, Dr. Manoukian has been involved in a number of international and local projects in various roles, including as a leader, consultant, trainer, and mentor. He has coauthored several books and many scientific/research articles. Dr. Manoukian has delivered keynote speeches and presentations at scientific conferences around the world.
- Manufacturing and Technology Management, PhD, University of Toledo, Ohio, 2013
- International Business and Finance, MBA, University of Toledo, Ohio, 2000
- Industrial Engineering, Master of Engineering, American University of Armenia, 1996
- Mechanical Engineering, Diploma, State Polytechnic Institute of Armenia, 1994
- BUS 280 – Operations Management
- BUS 380 -Operations and Process Management
- BUS 382 -Supply Chain Management
Wide research interests, including operations management, entrepreneurship, partnership synergy technology commercialization, and clean-tech/renewable energy.
- V. Odabashian, A. Manoukian, H. HassabElnaby, Innovative Renewable Energy Technology Projects’ Success through Partnership, International Journal of Energy Sector Management (accepted for publication on September 9, 2018, publication pending)
- A. Manoukian, V. Odabashian, Operations Management View of Technology Innovation, 2017 Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute: Proceedings. 2017, pp. 1286319 1 – 1286319 8
- A. Manoukian, H. HassabElnaby, V. Odabashian, A Proposed Framework for Renewable Energy Technology Commercialization and Partnership Synergy: A Case Study Approach, American Journal of Business, Volume 30, Issue 2, pp. 147 – 174, 2015.
- A. Manoukian, H. HassabElnaby, V. Odabashian, Technology Commercialization Review: Aiming at a Fresher Perspective Based on Partnership Synergy, International Journal of Management Research & Review, Volume 5, Issue 7, July 2015.
- V. Odabashian, The UN Initiative “Sustainable Energy For All” and Results of a Study on Investment Environment For Sustainable Energy Development In Armenia, Annual Scientific Conference of the State Engineering University of Armenia, Yerevan, 2015.
- A. Manoukian, H. HassabElnaby, V. Odabashian, Impact of Management Compensation on Success of Startups. Proceedings of the 2014 Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute, Tampa, FL, USA, 2014.
- A. Manoukian, V. Odabashian, R. Mnatsakanyan, Certain Prospects of Higher Temperature PEM Fuel Cells Research and Development, 2006 Fuel Cell Seminar, Honolulu, HI, USA, November 13-16, 2006.
- V. Odabashian, A. Manoukian, A Hydrogen Outlook from a Transition Economy: Development of Hydrogen Fuel Cells by H2 ECOnomy in Armenia. The International Seminar on the Hydrogen Economy for Sustainable Development, Reykjavik, Iceland, September 28-29, 2006.
- A. Tadevosyan, N. Beknazaryan, V. Odabashian, A. Manoukian, G. Shushanyan, Optimized Decision Making in International Business and Marketing: Practical Problems, Tchartaraget, Yerevan, 2006, (in Armenian language, Textbook adopted for instruction at State Engineering University of Armenia).
- A. Manoukian, A. Tadevosyan, V. Odabashian and A. Lalayan, Manual on International Marketing, Tchartaraget, Yerevan, 2005, (in Armenian language, Manual adopted for instruction at State Engineering University of Armenia).
- A. Manoukian, A. Tadevosyan, and V. Odabashian, International Management, Tchartaraget, Yerevan, 2004, (in Armenian language, Textbook adopted for instruction at State Engineering University of Armenia).
- V. Odabashian, A. Tadevosyan, and A. Manoukian, International Business Basics, Tchartaraget, Yerevan, 2003, (in Armenian language, Textbook adopted for instruction at State Engineering University of Armenia).
- G. Karamyan, R. Mnatsakanyan, H. Sargsyan, Kh. Gyulumyan, V. Odabashian, A. Manoukian, V. Melikyan, V. Vardanyan, A. Danielyan, Development of Fuel Cells by H2 ECOnomy, 2003 Fuel Cell Seminar: Fuel Cells for Secure, Sustainable Energy, Miami Beach, FL, USA, November 3–6, 2003.
Phone: +37460 61 26 22
Office location: 232W (PAB)
Office hours: By appointment
Hrant Davtyan joined the MS CBE team in 2016 as an Adjunct Lecturer of Business Mathematics, Principles of Macroeconomics and Business Analytics courses. His research interests range from Game theory to Mechanism Design to Machine Learning
Hrant Davtyan is also the co-founder and CTO of METRIC research center and a contracted expert providing consultancy on Statistics and Economics to several private and international organizations. His core competences and expertise include Big Data Analytics, Statistical Modelling, Customer/HR Analytics and Operations Management.
PhD in Management and Economics
Phone: +37460 61 26 24
Office location: 234W (PAB)
Office hours: Fridays, 5-6 pm
Mané Beglaryan is an assistant professor at the Manoogian Simone College of Business and Economics, American University of Armenia teaching management-related courses to Professional MBA, MSSM and B.A. in Business Administration students. Dr. Beglaryan comes with a background in management consulting both in public and private sector having worked for leading consulting companies in Washington, DC. USA. Her main areas of interest are public and private sector management, strategic planning and execution, organizational gap analysis, development and optimization, change initiation and institutionalization, program evaluation. Her teaching expertise includes organizational management, negotiations and human resources management. Dr. Beglaryan has completed her Coach Certification with Erickson International – one of the leading coaching programs affiliated with International Coach Federation (ICF) and is also CMI certified (UK-based) on organizational change management and strategic leadership.
- Doctor of Philosophy, (PhD), National Academy of Sciences, Yerevan, Armenia, 2018.
- Masters of Public Administration (MPA), Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, Syracuse University, Syracuse, U.S.A. 2004
- BUS 306 -Professional MBA program: Managing People and Organizations (BUS 305, 3 credits), Human Resource Management (BUS 307, 3 credits), Managerial Negotiations ( 2 credits).
- MGMT 341 – in Strategic Management: Organizational Behaviour (3 credits).
- BUS 112 – A. in Business: Social, Legal and Ethical Environment of Business (3 credits), BUS 105 – Foundations of Management (3 credits), BUS 207 – Human Resource Management (3 credits).
– Beglaryan, M. Identification of Existing Gaps between the United Nations Convention Against Corruption (UNCAC) and Armenia’s Institutional Framework on Anti-Corruption
UNDP Publication, Yerevan 2008, Armenia.
– Beglaryan, (contributor) Analysis of Youth Employment Opportunities in Armenia-Supporting Young Entrepreneurs, UNIDO, Vienna International Centre, Vienna, Austria, 2012.
– Beglaryan, M., (contributor) Women Connect Across Conflicts: Building Accountability for Implementation of UNSCRs 1325, 1820, 1888, 1889, Gender Mapping Study: Armenia Chapter, UN WOMEN Georgia, 2012, Tbilisi, Georgia.
– Beglaryan, M. The Classification of SME-s in Armenia and abroad: Comparative Analysis, Journal of Finance and Economics, #11-12 (207-208), 2017, pp.102-106.
– Beglaryan, M. Peculiarities of implementation of management function in SME. “Problems of Science” publishing house, “ECONOMICS”, №2 (34), 2018, pp. 14-19.
– Бегларян М.А., Проблемы организационных структур малых и средних предприятий в Армении. Научный журнал «ИНТЕРНАУКА», Издательский дом “Интернаука”, № 4 (44), 2018, 2 т., с. 7-10.
– Beglaryan, M. Tax Management Problems in the Sphere of Small and Medium Entrepreneurship, Herald of Social Sciences, №1 (652), 2018, pp.215-22.
– Beglaryan, M. Priorities of State Regulation of Small and Medium-sized businesses, Journal of Public Administration, 1-2/2018, pp.139-147.
– Beglaryan, M. The Impact of AMO Framework on SME’s Performance, (with Gregorio Sanchéz-Marín and Gabriel Lozano-Reina), Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, under review.
Phone: +37460 61 26 15
Office location: 230W (PAB)
Office hours: By appointment only via email