Vardan Baghdasaryan is Assistant Professor and a Program Chair for MSSM. He has been teaching various economic-related courses to BAB, MBAA and MSSM cohorts since 2014. Dr. Baghdasaryan has been a Senior Consultant at the AVAG Solutions, Ltd, providing consulting to various international donor agencies. For detailed information, please refer to www.vardanbaghdasaryan.com
- Graduate School in the Economics and Finance of Public Administration (DEFAP) Catholic University of Milan, Italy, 2009 – 2014
- PhD in Economics (Aspirantura) Russian-Armenian (Slavonic) University, Yerevan, Armenia, 2004 – 2007
- Diploma of Manager-Economist (with honorary distinction), Yerevan State Institute of Economy, Department of Management Yerevan, Armenia, 1999 – 2004
- ACCA affiliate (all exams passed) Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), UK, 2004-2010
Courses Taught: ECON 221 – Intermediate Microeconomics
1. Baghdasarayan V., Iannantuoni G. and Maggian V., “Electoral Fraud and Voter Turnout: Experimental Study”
Working paper available at: http://papers.ssrn.com/
2. Baghdasaryan V., Manzoni E., “Set them (almost) free. Discretion in Electoral Campaigns”
Working paper available at: https://papers.ssrn.com/
3. Khachatryan K., Baghdasaryan V., Hartarska V., “Role of Deposits in MFI performance in Central Asia and Eastern Europe”
Antinyan A., Baghdasaryan V., Grigoryan A., “Relative position and social capital in South Caucasus“
Theofanis Varvoglis has a doctorate in Marketing from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Virginia. He received his MBA from Adelphi University, New York and a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from the University of Macedonia, Greece. He has been a professor at San Diego State University, and also taught at the University of Aegean and the University of Macedonia. His research findings have been presented in the United States at conferences of the American Marketing Association and the Academy of Marketing Science and has appeared on television in the United States and Greece on topics related to his specialty. He has written articles in the area of consumer behavior, marketing strategy and non-profit marketing. He has also participated and ran transnational European projects on education. He is also, a certified international mediator specialized in commercial dispute resolution. He had his own consulting firm and also worked as in independent consultant. He was Dean of the Anatolia School of Business at the American College of Thessaloniki, Greece and served on the Board of the State Museum of Contemporary Art. He has been a trustee of Anatolia College for 12 years and President of its Alumni Association and of the Greek Institute of Marketing as well as member of the executive board of the Greek Management Association. His research and teaching interests include entrepreneurship, managerial decision making and consumer behavior. He currently is Professor of Marketing at the American University of Armenia.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Virginia Tech, 1987
- Master of Business Administration, Adelphi University, 1982
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Graduate Industrial School of Economics, 1979.
- BUS 275-Market Research
- BUS 369-Special Topics in Marketing, Price Competition
- BUS 160-Principles of Marketing
- BUS 262-Consumer Behavior
- MGMT 361-Marketing Management
Phone: 060 61 25 69
Office location: 237W (PAB)
Office hours: By appointment only via email
Agassy Manoukian is an Associate Professor who has joined the MSCBE team in Fall 2013. He currently teaches Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Management of Information Systems, Project Management and Entrepreneurship courses. He has also been involved with California State University, Northridge and California Lutheran University as Visiting Professor. He holds PhD in Manufacturing and Technology Management (University of Toledo, OH, USA), Master of Business Administration in Finance and International Business (University of Toledo, OH, USA), Master of Science in Industrial Engineering (American University of Armenia, Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (State Polytechnic University of Armenia) degrees. Dr. Manoukian has wide research interests, including operations management, entrepreneurship, partnership synergy technology commercialization, and clean-tech/renewable energy. He has a vast practical prior experience as president and CEO of a hydrogen fuel cell company, which he led for decade since its establishment. Also, Dr. Manoukian has been involved in a number of international and local projects in various roles, including as a leader, consultant, trainer, and mentor. He has coauthored several books and many scientific/research articles. Dr. Manoukian has delivered keynote speeches and presentations at scientific conferences around the world.
- Manufacturing and Technology Management, PhD, University of Toledo, Ohio, 2013
- International Business and Finance, MBA, University of Toledo, Ohio, 2000
- Industrial Engineering, Master of Engineering, American University of Armenia, 1996
- Mechanical Engineering, Diploma, State Polytechnic Institute of Armenia, 1994
- BUS 280 – Operations Management
- BUS 380 -Operations and Process Management
- BUS 382 -Supply Chain Management
Wide research interests, including operations management, entrepreneurship, partnership synergy technology commercialization, and clean-tech/renewable energy.
- V. Odabashian, A. Manoukian, H. HassabElnaby, Innovative Renewable Energy Technology Projects’ Success through Partnership, International Journal of Energy Sector Management (accepted for publication on September 9, 2018, publication pending)
- A. Manoukian, V. Odabashian, Operations Management View of Technology Innovation, 2017 Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute: Proceedings. 2017, pp. 1286319 1 – 1286319 8
- A. Manoukian, H. HassabElnaby, V. Odabashian, A Proposed Framework for Renewable Energy Technology Commercialization and Partnership Synergy: A Case Study Approach, American Journal of Business, Volume 30, Issue 2, pp. 147 – 174, 2015.
- A. Manoukian, H. HassabElnaby, V. Odabashian, Technology Commercialization Review: Aiming at a Fresher Perspective Based on Partnership Synergy, International Journal of Management Research & Review, Volume 5, Issue 7, July 2015.
- V. Odabashian, The UN Initiative “Sustainable Energy For All” and Results of a Study on Investment Environment For Sustainable Energy Development In Armenia, Annual Scientific Conference of the State Engineering University of Armenia, Yerevan, 2015.
- A. Manoukian, H. HassabElnaby, V. Odabashian, Impact of Management Compensation on Success of Startups. Proceedings of the 2014 Annual Meeting of the Decision Sciences Institute, Tampa, FL, USA, 2014.
- A. Manoukian, V. Odabashian, R. Mnatsakanyan, Certain Prospects of Higher Temperature PEM Fuel Cells Research and Development, 2006 Fuel Cell Seminar, Honolulu, HI, USA, November 13-16, 2006.
- V. Odabashian, A. Manoukian, A Hydrogen Outlook from a Transition Economy: Development of Hydrogen Fuel Cells by H2 ECOnomy in Armenia. The International Seminar on the Hydrogen Economy for Sustainable Development, Reykjavik, Iceland, September 28-29, 2006.
- A. Tadevosyan, N. Beknazaryan, V. Odabashian, A. Manoukian, G. Shushanyan, Optimized Decision Making in International Business and Marketing: Practical Problems, Tchartaraget, Yerevan, 2006, (in Armenian language, Textbook adopted for instruction at State Engineering University of Armenia).
- A. Manoukian, A. Tadevosyan, V. Odabashian and A. Lalayan, Manual on International Marketing, Tchartaraget, Yerevan, 2005, (in Armenian language, Manual adopted for instruction at State Engineering University of Armenia).
- A. Manoukian, A. Tadevosyan, and V. Odabashian, International Management, Tchartaraget, Yerevan, 2004, (in Armenian language, Textbook adopted for instruction at State Engineering University of Armenia).
- V. Odabashian, A. Tadevosyan, and A. Manoukian, International Business Basics, Tchartaraget, Yerevan, 2003, (in Armenian language, Textbook adopted for instruction at State Engineering University of Armenia).
- G. Karamyan, R. Mnatsakanyan, H. Sargsyan, Kh. Gyulumyan, V. Odabashian, A. Manoukian, V. Melikyan, V. Vardanyan, A. Danielyan, Development of Fuel Cells by H2 ECOnomy, 2003 Fuel Cell Seminar: Fuel Cells for Secure, Sustainable Energy, Miami Beach, FL, USA, November 3–6, 2003.
Phone: +37460 61 26 22
Office location: 232W (PAB)
Office hours: By appointment
Mané Beglaryan is an assistant professor at the Manoogian Simone College of Business and Economics, American University of Armenia teaching management-related courses to Professional MBA, MSSM and B.A. in Business Administration students. Dr. Beglaryan comes with a background in management consulting both in public and private sector having worked for leading consulting companies in Washington, DC. USA. Her main areas of interest are public and private sector management, strategic planning and execution, organizational gap analysis, development and optimization, change initiation and institutionalization, program evaluation. Her teaching expertise includes organizational management, negotiations and human resources management. Dr. Beglaryan has completed her Coach Certification with Erickson International – one of the leading coaching programs affiliated with International Coach Federation (ICF) and is also CMI certified (UK-based) on organizational change management and strategic leadership.
- Doctor of Philosophy, (PhD), National Academy of Sciences, Yerevan, Armenia, 2018.
- Masters of Public Administration (MPA), Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, Syracuse University, Syracuse, U.S.A. 2004
- BUS 306 -Professional MBA program: Managing People and Organizations (BUS 305, 3 credits), Human Resource Management (BUS 307, 3 credits), Managerial Negotiations ( 2 credits).
- MGMT 341 – in Strategic Management: Organizational Behaviour (3 credits).
- BUS 112 – A. in Business: Social, Legal and Ethical Environment of Business (3 credits), BUS 105 – Foundations of Management (3 credits), BUS 207 – Human Resource Management (3 credits).
– Beglaryan, M. Identification of Existing Gaps between the United Nations Convention Against Corruption (UNCAC) and Armenia’s Institutional Framework on Anti-Corruption
UNDP Publication, Yerevan 2008, Armenia.
– Beglaryan, (contributor) Analysis of Youth Employment Opportunities in Armenia-Supporting Young Entrepreneurs, UNIDO, Vienna International Centre, Vienna, Austria, 2012.
– Beglaryan, M., (contributor) Women Connect Across Conflicts: Building Accountability for Implementation of UNSCRs 1325, 1820, 1888, 1889, Gender Mapping Study: Armenia Chapter, UN WOMEN Georgia, 2012, Tbilisi, Georgia.
– Beglaryan, M. The Classification of SME-s in Armenia and abroad: Comparative Analysis, Journal of Finance and Economics, #11-12 (207-208), 2017, pp.102-106.
– Beglaryan, M. Peculiarities of implementation of management function in SME. “Problems of Science” publishing house, “ECONOMICS”, №2 (34), 2018, pp. 14-19.
– Бегларян М.А., Проблемы организационных структур малых и средних предприятий в Армении. Научный журнал «ИНТЕРНАУКА», Издательский дом “Интернаука”, № 4 (44), 2018, 2 т., с. 7-10.
– Beglaryan, M. Tax Management Problems in the Sphere of Small and Medium Entrepreneurship, Herald of Social Sciences, №1 (652), 2018, pp.215-22.
– Beglaryan, M. Priorities of State Regulation of Small and Medium-sized businesses, Journal of Public Administration, 1-2/2018, pp.139-147.
– Beglaryan, M. The Impact of AMO Framework on SME’s Performance, (with Gregorio Sanchéz-Marín and Gabriel Lozano-Reina), Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development, under review.
Phone: +37460 61 26 15
Office location: 230W (PAB)
Office hours: By appointment only via email
Hrant Davtyan joined the MS CBE team in 2016 as an Adjunct Lecturer of Business Mathematics, Principles of Macroeconomics and Business Analytics courses. His research interests range from Game theory to Mechanism Design to Machine Learning
Hrant Davtyan is also the co-founder and CTO of METRIC research center and a contracted expert providing consultancy on Statistics and Economics to several private and international organizations. His core competences and expertise include Big Data Analytics, Statistical Modelling, Customer/HR Analytics and Operations Management.
PhD in Management and Economics
Phone: +37460 61 26 24
Office location: 234W (PAB)
Office hours: Fridays, 5-6 pm
Mr. Hovhannisyan has joined the CBE team in Spring 2014. Mr. Hovhannisyan has about 20 years of experience in auditing, consulting and financial management in Grant Thornton CJSC, FINCA UCO, Millennium Challenge Account Armenia and currently is Audit Partner of BDO Armenia CJSC, one of the big five global accountancy firms.
Mr. Hovhannisyan has acted as engagement partner for many biggest enterprises in Armenia and abroad operating telecom, public utilities, energy, financial services and other industries. He also performed as an expert for review of translated IFRS.
Mr. Hovhannisyan is an ACCA member, licensed auditor of the Republic of Armenia, lecturer and examiner member of AAAA (Association of Auditors and Accountants of Armenia).
In parallel with his professional career Mr. Hovhannisyan started lecturing professional qualification courses in IAB Center, Financial Banking College and AAAA since 2005.
- Gladzor University LL.M 2010
- Professional qualifications ACCA member since 2006, FCCA since 2010
- Licensed Auditor of Republic of Armenia since 2007
- Licensed by the Central Bank of Armenia as Chief Accountant and since 2006
- American University of Armenia, MBA 2002
- Yerevan State University, Oriental Studies 1998
- BUS 145-Introduction to Financial Accounting, CBE BAB
- BUS 146-Introduction to Managerial Accounting, CBE BABA
- BUS 245-Intermediate Financial Accounting, CBE BABA
- BUS 344-Accounting For Decision Making, CBE MSSM
- BUS 345-Financial Accounting, CBE MBA
- BUS 355-Advanced Financial Accounting, CBE MBA
- BUS 348-Financial Statements Analysis, CBE MBA
Phone: +374 60 61 26 07/26 08
Office location: 217W (PAB)
Office hours: By appointment only via email
Zaruhi Tonoyan, MPA is coming with a solid education and professional background in international development sector for over 20 years, having work assignments in Gaza Strip, Tajikistan, UK, and USA. She has been working in such international organizations as CARE International, Red Cross, CRS, World Vision, Eurasia Foundation, and OXFAM while managing large-scale projects. She has Master of Public Administration from the University of Georgia, USA. Zaruhi is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP), as well as possesses certificate in Management Consulting Essentials from the UK Chartered Management Institute (CMI). She was a John Smith Fellow (2003) and successfully completed her assignment at UNDP in Great Britain preceded by public policy course at Aberdeen University (Scotland).
She is currently teaching Project Management for MSSM program students at AUA, as well as engaged in Certificate Program for NGO Management as a Project Management Instructor implemented by AUA Extension. Besides, Zaruhi is a CMI trainer, providing international qualification courses on Management and Leadership (CMI Level 7) partnering with International Academy of Business (IAB) in Armenia. Finally, she is also a faculty member of State Medical University of Armenia where within the frame of Executive MBA program she is teaching Human Resources Management.
In parallel to her academic career, Zaruhi is currently working at OxYGen foundation (Oxfam International spin-off) as a Monitoring and Evaluation Manager providing expert knowledge on design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all programs. Zaruhi’s research interests range from organizational resilience to human capital development.
University of Georgia, USA, Master of Public Administration
MGMT382 -Project Management (MSSM)
Research Activities: Zaruhi’s research interests range from organizational resilience to human capital development.
Phone: +37460 61 26 01; +37493 18 19 75; +37455 99 19 75
Office Location: 223W (PAB)
Office Hours: By appointment only via email